1.1 Fund Manager and Fund information
Sunstone Life Science A/S, CVR-no. 33859198 “Sunstone” has the following alternative investment funds under management:
Sunstone Life Science Ventures Fund II K/S, CVR-no. 30582268
Sunstone Life Science Ventures Fund III K/S, CVR-no. 34085919
Sunstone Life Science Ventures Fund IV K/S, CVR-no. 38778536
The alternative investment funds listed above are for the purposes of these website disclosures referred to as the “Funds”.
1.2 Integration of sustainability risks in the investment decision-making process
When making investments, Sunstone considers the ethical, environmental, and societal consequences of such investments.
Awareness of sustainability risks is built into all of our key processes, from our screening and due diligence of potential target companies to our portfolio governance and monitoring of portfolio companies.
For each Fund, sector specific restrictions are further included in the investment policy.
Sunstone considers the environmental risks associated with its investments. In addition to ensuring compliance with applicable environmental legislation, Sunstone will work for minimizing the negative social and environmental impact of the business of its portfolio companies.
In addition, Sunstone will in its decision-making process take the necessary steps to investigate and ensure that the target company:
- carefully considers the ethical ramifications of its activities;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations in the markets in which it operates;
- uphold the necessary respect for international human rights principles and comply with relevant labour conventions;
- does not tolerate any form of discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political or other opinion, cultural background, ethnicity or other distinguishing characteristics in its organisation;
- is not domiciled in countries subject to trade embargoes imposed by the United Nations or the European Union that have been endorsed or otherwise officially ratified or approved by the Kingdom of Denmark from time to time;
- is not engaged in transactions or financing of activities which have as their main purpose tax evasion; and
- to the greatest extent possible apply similar principles to significant sub-suppliers.
1.3 Remuneration policies
Sunstone’s remuneration policies are structured to the effect that these do not encourage excessive risk-taking with respect to sustainability risks. Further, Sunstone’s remuneration structures are linked to risk-adjusted performance.
Published 10 March 2021