We are kicking off another search for an associate to join our Copenhagen office. Sunstone is one of Europe’s leading venture firms, with over $1BN in committed capital. We are based in Copenhagen and in Berlin and invest in technology startups all across Europe. We were privileged to be early investors in European successes such as Prezi, Neo Technology, GetYourGuide, Boozt.com, Seriously, Dubsmash and many more.
As an associate, you’ll be an integral part of our investment team. You’ll learn what the venture capital business is all about and gain insight into many fascinating technology startups. Our past associates have later joined a venture backed startup as CEO, or stayed on to become a principal within our team.
Mission: help us identify and invest in transformative European startups
– You will identify entrepreneurs we should get to know and new companies we should reach out to, mostly from your desk
– You will help us qualify the large dealflow we receive and allocate our time to the right opportunities – we expect you to own our dealflow management processes
– You will perform market research, competitor analysis, and due diligence on potential investments
– You will support us in the execution of deals
– You will be free to execute projects of your own design that help us and/or our portfolio companies
– Deep understanding of the ecosystem of internet and mobile services – we expect personal familiarity with a wide range of services.
– A structured mind and strong analytical skills – we expect you to be able to switch effortlessly between analysing granular data and juggling with abstract concepts.
– Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll often be talking to entrepreneurs on behalf of Sunstone.
– Curiosity – you’ll be looking at companies looking to transform areas ranging from agriculture to software, having a curious mind is absolutely key.
– Determination, strong drive and the ability to self-direct – your work and time is inherently open-ended. You must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little guidance.
– Strong written and oral communication skills in English – we value and want to hear your opinion. It’s important that you’re able to argue it convincingly.
– Comfortable working with data in Excel/Google Sheets.
We’re open to all types of professional and educational backgrounds (engineering, business, finance, etc), but have high standards. We are looking for candidates with one or two years of professional experience. You need to have already learned how to work efficiently.
Our process has three stages:
– First, we’d like to review your CV. If you feel that some other links might help us to understand you better, you are welcome to add them. We’re asking you fill out this private webform to submit your application.
– Second, we’d like to hear from you directly, so we’ll ask selected applicant to record two short videos answering two questions. “Which of our portfolio companies do you find most interesting and why?” (up to a 90-second response) and a surprise second question. The video responses will be collected securely and privately.
– Third, we’ll invite selected applicants to spend time with us in our office in Copenhagen.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Sunstone team.